Friday, November 10, 2006

Recent conversation with Jaed...

"Mom, is Grandpa and Grandma (Thayne's parents) married?"
"Yes, Jaed, they're married"
"Is Gram and Bompa (my parents) married?"
"No, Jaed, they're not. They were married when I was a kid but not now."
"Why not, Mom?"

VERY LONG PAUSE (I was hoping he would get distracted if I didn't answer for a bit)

"Mom, I asked you a question!"
"Oh, what was it?"
"Why isn't Gram nad Bompa married?"
"Well.......um....because they don't want to be married anymore."
"Why not?"
"Jaed, sometimes people who are married don't get a long and need to not be married anymore."
"Was Gram and Bompa mad?"
"Probably, but now they're not. They're friends now."
"So why don't they get married again?"
"Because they just want to be friends."
"Well who takes care of Grams now?"
"Grams takes care of herself."
"Who takes care of Bompa? His dog, Buddy?"
"Bompa takes care of himself and I'm sure his dog helps."
"Oh."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaed is such a sweetheart and it tells of his personality when he is concerned that people he loves has someone to take care of them. I love him s-o-o-o-o-o-o much!