Why is it so hard for some people (mostly guys) to understand the differences between boys and girls? It seems like in the last couple if days I’ve had to remind Thayne that the girls are GIRLS and he has to treat them as such. It’s like he forgets that we’ve had two girls in our family and not three boys. I know that they are extra sensitive and more emotional than normal while they are sick, so I should give him some slack, but I haven’t. When Jaed gets hurt you pat him on the head or even give him a quick hug and he’s ready to play again. With the girls, well…it’s a little more than that. You have to hug them, hold them, kiss the spot that hurts (which I did with Jaed until he was 2 ½ then he didn’t want it anymore) and wait until the are ready to go play again which could be a.s.a.p. or 5 or more minutes. If you don’t do it that way the girls will keep crying and then the small things turn into big things and they’re crying about 10 different things instead of just that one thing. I think I’ve shared this lesson with Thayne TONS of times since we started having girls and he normally does really well but this weekend he’s slack a little. He did make some comment about wanting his girls to be tough (and if you know my girls you know that they are tougher than Jaed in most circumstances) but being tough physically and being tough emotionally are two very different things.
I know it’s a little more extra work to calm the girls down than Jaed but in the long run it saves time and energy. Thayne has learned that lesson the hard way again this weekend. At one point he said, "Raising girls is a lot of work and exhausting!". HEHEHEHE!!! I would think he would have known that being married to a girl. AND we're having another girl in three months. There's no hope for him and his ideas that girls need to be tough. He'll be surrounded by girls and their emotions for the rest of his life. Wait...does that mean I'll have to keep reminding him about the differences between girls and boys are? Probably.
1 comment:
It is amazing the incite you are receiving as you raise your kids. As a child you always wanted to be with your Dad and brothers and if your Dad told you to go be with Mom you just knew it was because he didn't think you could do all the things your brothers could do. Of course the real reason was he got tried of dealing with your emotional issues and thought he'd give me a turn, however I loved it, you know what a hugger and kisser I am with you even now!
Post a Comment