My dad called me last night and said that he's coming in town for Thanksgiving. I haven't seen him in almost a year so it'll be good to spend some time with him. I'm sure he'll be surprised to see how much the kids have changed too. My brother, wife and their six kids are also coming for Thanksgiving so we'll have a full house for the turkey holiday. I'm so excited for them to see the new house and enjoy it as much as we do. I"m sure it won't seem that big to them, especially with so many people here but it's like a mansion to us! I haven't told the kids that everyone is coming next week. I think I'll wait until the day before because they seem to get so excited when visitors come that they forget the rules around the house and are jumping off walls with excitement and anticipation.
Thayne is starting to get really nervous about finals. He only has two more weeks of class and then it's complete study time. I'm gearing myself up for 'single parent' mode for the next four weeks. He may still come home for dinner (1 hour) but then it's right back up to school. The only thing that will get me through it is knowing that he'll have a whole month off of school and can play Mr. Mom the ENTIRE time. No word on any jobs yet. He hasn't gotten any rejection but no offers either. We just keep praying and trying to have faith!
Jaed has been doing so well in school these last two weeks. He did get into a little trouble a couple of days ago because he picked his nose and wiped it on the carpet. His teacher gave him a "yellow" (warning) for it. Thayne and I had to wait to talk to him about it until that evening because we knew if we did it earlier we would both be laughing during the "talk". So right before bed we talked to him about using a tissue and not the carpet, his clothes, under the table or another person to wipe his boogers on.
Josie has learned the word "hate" now and uses it all the time. I heard her say to Indi "I hate you" and I almost cried. I took her aside and told her sad that it makes me feel to hear her say that to Indi. We talked about "love" and how the word "hate" is a naughty word. I introduced the pepper to her and told her that if I hear her say she hates someone then I'll have to put some pepper on her tongue. My fear is that she'll like the pepper and it won't phase her a bit. What next? Cian pepper? Hmmm...we'll see what happens. Maybe I won't even have to use it at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment