Today is my birthday. I've been trying to avoid it but it's not possible when Thayne has been counting the days down with the kids. My birthday use to be one of my favorite holidays. I think it was because I'm the youngest of six kids and was always so spoiled on my birthday by gifts and attention. It was great! Well, now that I'm a mom....it's just another ordinary day. I still have to cook, clean, referee, discipline, changed poopy diapers and wipe poopy bums. It stinks (literally, too). I think it's almost more of a depressing day...... of course, by my own choice. I miss having those birthday parties and inviting a tons of friends over to chat and gossip. But now with my party phobia, I don't think I would attempt that :).
Thayne really wants to take the kids to the store and let them pick out a gift for me. But I think I"m going to take them to the store and let them choose a toy for themselves. I really can't think of anything I want (that is within our budget) so I'd like to see my kids thrilled and excited. When my kids are excited and happy, it warms my heart. Thayne tried to argue with me about it but I reminded him that it's my birthday!
On a side note, Jaed has his first loose tooth. He's so excited about wiggling it. I get to wear another hat as a mom, the tooth fairy.
No comments:
Post a Comment