Thayne entered into a huge competition at the beginning of the school year called Moot Court. In the competition the participants (about 200 law students) have to write an appellate brief (around 35 pages) and compete in three rounds of oral arguments. The first round they have to argue their own brief, the second round they argue against their brief and then the third round they find out 24 hours before the argument to see what side they'll be arguing again. They argue their briefs infront of Legal practitioners and judges from around the state who donate their time and lend valuable insight to the Law School by serving as competition judges.
After the three rounds are over the judges take several weeks to decide who will move on to the next part of the competition. Only 32 participants are chosen to move on out of the 200 who signed up to participate. Thayne worked really hard on his brief and I could tell that he was so proud of it. He loved arguing infront of the judges as well. Today he found out that he was one of the 32 participants to be chosen to move on in the competition. He was a finalist!!!! Not only that but his brief got HONORS which is a huge deal. I am so proud of him. His hard work paid off and I know that he is feeling pretty good right now. I think he really needed this ego boost.
Next semester he has to write another brief and argue it just like before. We find the results of that part of the competition in late Febuarary. I know he'll do a great job!!
1 comment:
Give that Thayne some big hugs for me. I am so proud of him and you as well, for being such a strong support to Thayne.
Post a Comment