Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bully in the making

Thayne and I (and kids) went to a party tonight with several other couples and their children. Most of the night we were hearing kids crying and found Indi in the middle of it everytime. Sometimes we would find her laying on the crying child, pinning the crying child in the corner, chasing the crying child, and hugging the child very tightly. We could not believe what a bully she was being. We tried to talk to her about being nice and she would answer, "Ok, Mommy", but it would happen again shortly after the little talk. I was hoping she was just going through a stage but I'm starting to think she's just a bully in the making. I'd like to act like I am appalled and can't believe that a little girl could be so mean, but I think she's taking after her mom. I was held back in kindergarden because I had "social problems" but it really was because I was a bully, I think. I'd like to think that I grew out of it so hopefully Indi will too. I"d like to know how to speed it along :).

I use to think that Jaed was a bully but I realized that he just didn't know his own strength. The only time I see him get aggressive with others is when they are aggressive with him or one of his sisters. Josie is very unpredictable except when it comes to protecting her brother or sister. We were at the community center a little bit ago and a little boy came up and pushed Indi down. Josie wasn't that close to them but she obviously saw what happened bacause she marched right over to that little boy and shoved him to the ground and said, "Don't push my sister!" and hugged Indi then walked off. I went over and talked to Josie and told her I was glad that she didn't want others to hurt Indi but she shouldn't push them back. Her response was, "but he pushed Indi first!". I tried to teach her that it was okay to use her words but not okay to push back. I'm not sure she got it so I guess will see what happens the next time someone tries to hurt her sister or brother.

No comments: