Thursday, June 01, 2006

Better Day!


Yesterday was a rough day to be a mom. I was going to post something but I was struggling to find something positive to say so I just decided to pass. Josie was such a stinker yesterday. She gets into everything, but yesterday she really did get into EVERYTHING. Just an example: I went into the kitchen to start dinner and was gone maybe 5 minutes (but probably less than that) and when I returned she had found some A & D ointment and had rubbed it ALL over her arms, legs and face AND all over Indi's arms, legs and face. This was the topper for me. I have to admit that I did shed a few tears of frustration. Thayne came home about 10 minutes later and could feel the tension in the house. He said, "Ally, why don't you go upstairs and take a break and I'll take care of the kids". My first thought was to yell at him and say, "what...you don't think I can take care of them?". BUT...I zipped my lips and went upstairs away from my stinkers. Later, I did thank Thayne for letting me take a break so I could get control of myself. He smiled and said, "anytime". He might be sorry he responded that way :D .

So we got our car back yesterday morning, supposedly fixed. WELL....when I was driving it around it would shake every time I was at a stop. I was soooo mad! Here we just spend $350 to get it fixed and it comes back to us with completely different problems. I called the mechanic and he said that he'd drop by later to take a look. Well FOUR HOURS later he came by. After looking things over he said that he should have replaced the wires to the spark plugs, but didn't think he needed to. So he said if we paid for the parts he would replace them for free. He was lucky. Thayne was ready to let him have it if he was going to charge us more money for labor. When the ybrought our car back, we could tell that the mechanic was not happy that he wasn't getting paid for the labor because it took him longer than he thought. OH WELL!! We didn't feel sorry for him at all. Is that bad? Probably.

So we're packing today to head to Kentucky. Jaed is so excited. He helped me pack his bag. He had more toys to put into the bag than clothes. He just kept saying, "Mom, I need to take this, so me and James can play it". Josie kept talking about going to James's house too, so we told her that she wouldn't be going. She started crying and ran over to Thayne and said, "pweez daddy, pweez". I could tell it was breaking Thayne's heart. I explained to her that we were going to go swimming and to the zoo and do other fun things. She seemed to be okay about it. We'll see how the departure really goes.

Well, I'll have tons of adventures to write when we get back. Have a great weekend!

No comments: