Thank goodness for saturdays. Thayne got up with the kids in the morning and told me to stay in bed and rest. IT WAS GREAT!! I slept another two hours and didn't feel a tad bit guilty. When I finally did go downstairs I told Thayne he could go up to bed for a bit and his said, "Well don't let me sleep too long because I have a lot of cleaning to do." Can you believe that....he's so great. I did decide to help him out and cleaned the kitchen but I was exhausted and extremely nauseous by the time I was done. Thayne and all the kids, even Josie (we were SHOCKED) , picked up toys and cleaned. I was so proud of my little family.
We decided to reward the kids for helping so good in the "clean up party", so we took them for ice cream. Jaed can't have ice cream because it breaks his skin out, so we got each of them a small bowl of sherbert. I was a little worried that they might reject it, but each of them gobbled it right up. Jaed even hugged Thayne and said, "This is the best present I have ever got!". He's our little drama king, but he makes us smile.
Thayne took the kids to the park and as soon as they got there Jaed announced that he had to go pee. Well there were several kids playing at the park, so Thayne told him to go over to the tree and pee. Well, Jaed found the tree, dropped his pants to his ankles and did his business while several girls (around 8 yrs. old) saw him and said, "Ewww....look at him." Thayne rushed over to Jaed and tried to teach him about just pulling his pants down a little in front, but Jaed didn't think that was a good idea because he might pee on his pants. Thayne left it at that and they went back played. The girls were laughing and watching Jaed, but he had no clue about what was going on. He's such a funny boy!
Josie is in to delegating things to Indi now. Josie made a huge water mess on the table, so I gave her a towel and told her she need to clean up the mess. Well, she responded, "No, Indi will do it." and past the towel to Indi. Where do kids learn stuff like that? I took the towel back and handed it to Josie and told her that she made the mess so she'll clean it up, not Indi. Normally, when we announce that we're going to clean, Josie tries to rush up to her room before we say anything. Am I getting a sneak peak of what she'll be like as a teenager?
I had a "who's lying" dilenma the other day. Indi came to me crying and saying someone hit her. Well I just assumed it was Josie, so I called Josie in and told her that she better not hit Indi again or she'll be in big trouble. She said, "Not me mom, it was Jaed!". Well I called Jaed in and told him the same thing and he said, "Mom, it was Josie, not me." I was stunned and wasn't sure what to do. Who do I believe? Indi was too young to tell me who the culprit was. I decided to believe Jaed an started lecturing Josie about hitting and then blaming someone else. She just said, "Not me, Mom, not me. It was Jaed.", and then Jaed spoke up and said, "Josie, you are telling a lie. It was you.". They were actually having a little argument about who did it. By this time, Inid had left to go play and I was in the middle not sure what to do. I finally stopped them and told them to go play.......I had to think about what to do. I'm still thinking!
No comments:
Post a Comment