Friday, June 09, 2006

Surgery Day....or was it?

Five-thirty came awfully early this morning. Thayne and I talked about the possibility of me being pregnant and decided that we would leave it in the Dr.'s hands when we got to the hospital. I told the nurse that I might be pregnant and she looked a little shocked and said, "Um...well okay. Let's get a test taken and we'll go from there." TWO HOURS later my cardiologist came in my room and sat down on my bed next to me and started explaining that the surgery would involve some radiation so he wouldn't be able to perform the surgery at this time but he expected to see me in 10 months. Thayne spoke up and asked, "So are you telling us that she's pregnant?". The Dr. laughed and said yes and then congratulated us. I looked over at Thayne and he just rolled his eyes :). The Dr didn't seem too concerned with having to wait. He told me that if I have any rapid heart beats and they're happening consistently, then I should give him a call. SO...we headed for home with the thought of a new baby on his/her way. I asked Thayne how he felt about it and he grinned and said "I'll deal with it." I don't think he's extremely excited but he seems to be content. Me, on the other hand, hmmm......I'm scared but also excited. My baby is turning two this month. She doesn't want me to hold her like a baby anymore and she keeps telling me "NO"...so I guess I have to stop calling her my baby and now I can look forward to having a real one soon.

My mom and I have been shopping for maternity clothes and talking about the baby. She seems to be excited too. I called my dad and told him and he said, "I'm proud of you, Allyson." That made me laugh. Thayne called to tell his dad, and Thayne said he just chuckled the whole time. We're not sure how to react to all these different responses, but at least we're not hearing, "WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING!". Although, my nephew did say, "Aunt Allyson, that's just crazy!".

It will be nice to spend some good time with my mom without being in pain or not feeling well from surgery. I don't know when I'm due for sure. I made an appt to see a Dr. next week for a formal test. It's a little scary to think that our lives will change very soon. Four kids....WOW!

No comments: