Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Mothers....we're so funny!

I have been thinking about how much I'm like my mother and sister lately...especially when it comes to being a mom. I don't think I could have had better role models than my mom and sister. I thought I'd share some of the funny (not critical) things I've been thinking about:


-- The older I become the more I drive like your mother

-- I pack for a trip just like she does (WAY to much stuff!)

-- When I least expect it, I hear my mother’s words and advice when I speak or discipline my children.

-- I shop like my mother...if it's a good deal, I NEED IT!.

-- Like my mom, I have more clothes then most and a large majority of them don't fit...but they might someday.

--Like my mom, I find myself telling strangers about my family because I"m so proud of them. I'm sure the strangers don't really care.


Things my mom said when I was a child and
things I have and will catch myself saying as a mother!

All I do is follow you around, picking up after you like some maid.

As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say.

Beds are NOT made for jumping on.

Close the door! You don't live in a barn.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Do you think your clothes are going to pick themselves up?

Don't eat that, you'll get worms!

Don't go out with a wet head, you'll catch cold.

Don't pick that scab, it'll get infected.

Don't pick your nose that's disgusting.

Don't walk away when I'm talking to you!

You go to the mall to shop, not to hang out!

I didn't ask who put it there, I said "Pick it up!"

You're not an everybody, you're a somebody.

I hope someday you have children just like you.

I will always love you - no matter what.

You're my favorite child named.......

When you're a parent then you can do that.


Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.

I'm so proud of you!

Don't use that tone with me!

Don't you have anything better to do?

I hope you don't kiss me with that mouth!

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

If you don't stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about!

I have one nerve left and you're on it.

If you're going to do a half done job then don't do it.

If you keep doing that your face will freeze like that.

This isn't a restuarant!

Life isn't fair.

Look at me when I'm talking to you.

Someone is going to be crying in a minute.

Watch your mouth!

When you have your own house then you can make the rules!

You don't always get what you want.

You won't be happy until you break that, will you?



No comments: