Today was the last day of pre-school for both Jaed and Josie. I got each of their teachers gifts to thank them for their patience and kindness toward my children. I'm pretty sure they will have the exact same teachers next year, which will be a nice transition into a new school year. Josie's class had a "good-bye" party today, so Indi and I went to it. They were going to perform a play but none of the kids would participate because all of the parents were there. So the teachers ended up acting it out. What good sports they were :).
Jaed's teacher cried as she said good-bye to them all. I have to say that she's not my favorite teacher but she is good for Jaed. For the first time as a parent, I had to do what was best for my child even though I didn't want to do it. I put Jaed back in her class next year. They have formed a bond and seem to be working well together. In her final report she put that she has seen so much growth in Jaed and that they had so many more better days then bad after the new year. BUT...she also put that Jaed would be a challenge to all his teachers in the future. How the heck does she know that? I know that because (hehehe) I was a difficult child to my teachers. I really caused some problems in my classes. So I'm sure he's just taking after me. I have no doubt that he will grow up to be a great man with so much potential and success.
Last night, Jaed came into our room and hugged Thayne and said, "you're the best Dad ever". He really loves his dad. I'm so glad to see that relation get stronger as he gets older.
Now Josie....hehehe....is another story. Thayne was trying to talk to her and she said, "DAD...don't talk to me". I was laughing so hard. Thayne was a little shocked, I think. He said, "Did she just tell me not to talk to her?". Of course, I nodded my head. Then Josie said, "Dad, don't talk to me, just Mom, not you." She has become so attached to me lately. She has to make sure that I'm going where ever she is going. I'm sure it's a phase (at least I hope so).
Then there's Indi...well she'll go to either of us without hesitation. She is such a cutie, but a teaser for sure. I think she must take after her Uncle Doug. He use to tease me until I was either crying or so frustrated, when I was younger :). If Indi takes something of Jaed's or Josie's I tell her that she needs to give it back. So she'll get close to them with her hand stretched towards them and as they reach to grab it she pulls it back to her and runs. I have learned that teasing is not a learned behavior (at least in my opinion).
No comments:
Post a Comment