It was pouring down rain in Louisville, Kentucky. There went my plans to check out several parks while we waited to check in. I couldn't check into the hotel until 3 p.m.. I did find the main public library, but it was in a very scary part of town and some guy said "hey baby" to me when we were there, that I got scared and ushered the girls back out to the car. We spent some time at Walmart and then went to lunch. By then I was so exhausted and out of ideas I was on the verge of tears. I finally decided to go to the hotel and wait in the parking lot. I put a movie on for the girls in the car, and I reclined my seat and took a nap. The girls didn't mind being strapped in during the movie, and I got a good nap. Finally three o'clock came around and we were able to check in. Once we got into the room the girls went WILD. They were in the bathroom, playing with the phone, turning on and off the T.V., wrapping themselves in the drapes, turning on and off the air conditioner, ripping the blankets off the bed, opening and closing the drawers, and opening and closing the front door. The whole time I was saying, "No Josie, don't touch that" , "Girls, get out of there" , "Indi, leave the door closed" , "Josie, quit pushing the buttons" , ETC.. Thayne called after a while of being in the hotel room. He asked how the girls were doing and I just fell apart. He wanted to rescue me but couldn't and I knew that. He let me vent and then told me he loved me and that I was a great mom. He reminded me that it was only for two days and then we'd be together again. I did calm down and tried to sound happy so he wouldn't worry about me anymore.
Thayne said that Jaed was "on fire" the whole trip to Virginia. He was so excited and jumping around. I think he wore Thayne out ;). They arrived safe and Jaed was thrilled to see James, Honey (Bonnie), and the baby. I knew Jaed would have a great time.
My friend, Fever (Kathryn LeFevre) showed up Friday night. As soon as she got there, we took the girls swimming. They were in heaven. Josie was fearless. She was jumping off the edge and didn't want anyone to catch her. She had her arm floaties on and kept jumping off the edge over and over. Indi would jump too but she always wanted someone to catch her. They were both so dang cute. The girls fell right asleep after we got back to the hotel room and put them in their pajamas. Fever and I played games, visited and relaxed.
The next day we made it to the Zoo. We had a great time. The girls loved it. Josie was especially excited to see all the animals. I think her favorite was the monkey and the elephant. We went swimming after the zoo which was another highlight for the girls. It was great to see them so happy and laughing most of the day. By the end, though, we were ALL tired. Fever was a great help and distraction for all of us. The girls warmed up to her quickly and she to them. She had a perm-a-grin on her face as she watched the play, and interact.
Thayne called later that night and said that Jaed was playing video games non stop. He said it was getting a little out of control because Jaed didn't want anyone to shoot him but he could shoot everyone else. It made me laugh. Thayne said that he heard Jaed say at one time "James, let's be best friends and not shoot each other". Thayne's parents bought Jaed a dragon castle toy and he loves it. He played that while Thayne got to go golfing with his brothers and dad. It sounded like all was going well for them as it was for us.
We had to check out of the hotel by noon on Sunday but Thayne and Jaed didn't get into Kentucky until 6 p.m.. Fever's mom lives about 40 minutes outside Louisville, so we decided to go hang out at her house until I had to go to the airport. They were great hosts and had great toys to entertain the girls.
Finally the time came to meet my boys at the airport. I was anxious to see them and be reunited again. They were a little late which started to make me nervous. I started to think the worst. What if something happen to them? What would I do? My thoughts were racing over all the different scenerios....then I looked around and saw them coming towards the car. YIPPEEE!!! I was a little embarrassed about my thoughts....oh well! I hugged them both and we were driving towards home. I could tell that Thayne and I were both relieved to be back together. We both let
out a huge sigh and said "I love you".






No comments:
Post a Comment