Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Adorable Kids

I was thinking last night when I couldn't sleep that I have been too negative in my blog about my children. So, I thought I would dedicate today's post to my children and tell you how wonderful they really are. My mom always says that my kids aren't naughty or bad, they just do naughty and bad things sometimes. I NEVER call my kids "bad kids", but I have been known to call them naughty. Whenever I do, my moms words come into my head and I try and correct what I've said and say "what you did was sooo naughty".

Ok, I will start with my oldest son, Jaedon "Jaed". He will be 5 in October and reminds us quite often. He loves to be praised and really tries to please us. He is a great helper around the house. I have given him certain jobs and when it's time to do those jobs he does them without complaints. He loves playing with his sisters, especially when they do what he tells them to do. He will even play dolls and house with Josie. She's the mom and he's the baby :). He loves to cuddle at night when he is trying to go to sleep. He knows that he can stay up longer than his sisters (most nights) and he thinks that's great. It's like the party starts when Josie and Indi go to bed. Jaed LOVES his dad. He wants to be just like him, and his dad knows EVERYTHING. He was trying to explain what movie he wanted to watch last night and I was not getting it. Finally he said, "Mommy, Daddy understands what I say all the time. You don't.". He has told me numerous times that Thayne can fix anything and is the best dad in the world. I use to ask, "What about me, Jaed" and he just says, "Yeah...I guess you too, Mommy". I decided that it was okay if he thought his dad was great and his mom was okay. I stopped asking :). Jaed loves to play with friends and everyone he sees, whether he knows them or not, is his friend. This has made teaching him about strangers a tad bit difficult, but we keep trying. We love our Jaed so much, and are so greatful that we were blessed to have him as ours.

Now there's Josette "Josie". She is a true spit fire but a ball of love as well. She has a very tender heart. I don't think I have ever seen a fake cry from her. When she cries, it's a real, full blown, crocidile tears, cry. I always thought that I would get use to it and be immune to its effects, but everytime she cries it tugs at my heart. She is our little mini - mom. She tries to take care of Indi, which Indi usually hates, and even attempts to mother Jaed. Josie loves to sing and loves to be sung to. When I lay her down at night we at least have to sing three songs, but usually more. She has become quite the princess. She always has some kind of princess dress on during the day and if I ask her if she's a princess she responds, "Yes, I'm a princess!". Sometimes she'll even let Indi be a princess :). She loves to play house or "Guys" with Jaed, but she also loves to play by herself. It's fun to be around the corner from her and listen to her pretend play. She doesn't call her play figures "dolls", she calls them her "guys". That's thanks to her big brother, I think. If she ever sees someone in the family crying she is the first one there wanting to know what happen and why they're crying. She'll often try to hug the person and tell them that it's okay. Her new favorit saying is "Pweez, mom, pweez". That always comes after me or Thayne saying "No" to something. I have even seen her grab onto Thayne's leg and look up at him and say "Pweez, Daddy". I am embarrassed to say that a lot of the times we give in. She is a true angel and loves her family as much as we love her. She doesn't like to be apart from any of us for very long and is so excited to see us when we come back. She is the first to run to Thayne when he comes home from school/work and gives him a HUGE hug. She will always respond to "I love you" with "I WUB YOU, TOO" and she does it immediately.

Little Indiya "Indi" is our precious baby. She loves to be cuddled, hugged and kissed on ALL of the time. She is very polite as well. She learned to say "Please, Thank you, and Your Welcome" at a very young age. We're always shocked that we don't have to remind her to say it. (Actually, all of our kids are good at saying those words.) Indi loves to put as many clothes on as she can. When she comes out of her during they day she'll often have two shirts, a dress, and whatever else she could put on. Of course, none of it is put on right, but she doesn't care. Indi is a great dancer! She'll dance with or without music and she gets it all movin'. She doesn't seem to be shy about it either. Indi loves playing with both Jaed and Josie. A little bit ago, Josie and Jaed wanted to play house and they each wanted to be the parent. Well that left Indi as the baby....and the fight began. Jaed grabbed Indi first but Josie was right there to tug her away. Both were yelling "No, she's my baby". I thought for sure Indi would start crying but she never did. I actually think she liked the attention. I finally told Jaed he could be the Dad and Josie could be the Mom and Indi could be both there babies. Jaed hated that solution at first, but within 2 minutes I heard him say, "Josie you be the mommy and I'll be the daddy, okay", and Josie agreed. Indiya loves her pacifiers too. She calls them her "Piers". When she is upset and doesn't have one, she'll start saying "Where my pier, where my pier" and we're all off to find one for her. She is a great one for giving "Big Hugs". Just out of no where, she'll grab our legs or whatever body part she can grab and yell "big hug" and then let go and run off. I love spending one on one time with Indi. She is so loving and tender. I hug and hold her as much as I can and she always lets me, well....until she's done :).

As you can see, we have the best kids ever. Yes, they do have their naughty sides..and they can be frustrating at times... but each one of them warms my heart constantly. I am greatful that they are so forgiving of me and my faults as a mom. When I'm sad or upset they are the first ones there to hug me and kiss me and tell me "It's okay, mom". I hope that I can help them grow into great moms and dads themselves!

1 comment:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Glad you posted this! I do the same thing - writing is like venting for me and I rarely vent positively! Thanks for setting a standard!