This afternoon and early evening I'd been thinking about what to post about because today has been a bit dull. Well, after dinner Josie and Indi decided to jump on the bed and Josie fell off and hit her head on the dresser. I picked her up and held her but scolded her at the same time for jumping on the bed. She just kept crying and crying. She has a very high tolerance of pain so I knew she must be pretty hurt if she was still crying. I asked her what her and she pointed to the back of her head. I lifted her up and my arm and her head was covered in blood. I didn't even look to see how bad it was because the amount of blood was enough for me to throw her in the car and take her to the emergency room. She was treated like a queen at the hospital. She was given a stuffed bear, coloring crayons and coloring book, the remote to the t.v. and basically anything else she asked for. She was smiling and giggling before the Dr. even got in to see her.
After they cleaned the back of her head off you could see a huge gash about an inch long. They had to give her a shot in the back of the head and then they stapled the cut three times. I had to hold her down while she screamed in my ear. I felt so bad for her. But, once it was over she was smiling and giggling again. She's such a trooper!
(You're probably thinking, "This picture wasn't necessary!", but I wanted to get a shot of it for her to see in the future! If this was Indi I'd say no to staples because she would do whatever she could to pick them out. Josie is only a nose picker!)
(She has to have her head wrapped for 24 hours so that the wound stays clean. We'll see how long it actually stays on!)
2 comments:
So much for a dull day! I love your humor! :)
You are a trooper. I can't believe how calmly you told this story. Poor girl - she looks happy though!
Post a Comment