Saturday, March 08, 2008

Boys!!

Jaed did something to his sisters that brought back memories of when I was a child. My brothers teased me all the time (they're denying it while they read this but they did!). I think the worst thing that they ever did was hold me down and *toot* (my mom doesn't like the word 'fart' so I'm not going to use it!) on my head. Can you believe that? It wasn't just a one time thing. It happened a LOT! It scarred me for life :). Well Jaed hasn't been that bad but I'm sure he's going to get there. The other morning the girls were playing with their doll strollers and Jaed grabbed the stroller and said, "Look at this, girls!" and shoved the stroller down the stairs. The doll went flying out as the stroller tumbled down the stairs. Josie was devastated. She was yelling, "My baby, my baby!", and Jaed was laughing. I looked over and Thayne and he was trying to control himself from laughing. I tried to explain to Thayne that Josie really was hurt that Jaed did that but he just laughed and said, "Jaed's just being a boy!".
Well, it didn't stop there. They kids were playing in the living room and Jaed was trying to get the girls to play like he wanted but they weren't cooperating so he grabbed their doll, put it under his foot while his foot was in the air and said, "You better do what I say or your doll gets it!". Josie started screaming and Indi was trying to get the doll away from Jaed while yelling, "Don't hurt our baby!". What was Thayne doing? LAUGHING! The whole scene took me back to my childhood when my brothers would grab my dolls and start punching their faces. I remember being traumatized and really feeling like they were hurting 'my baby'. Ok....I'm chuckling while I write this post but it wasn't funny at the moment and I'm sure Josie and Indi won't be laughing about it until they are much older!

No comments: