Monday, March 03, 2008

Plans in the making

Thayne and I thought a lot, over the weekend, about what we will do after graduation. We have decided that if he doesn't have any job offers by the time graduation comes we will pack our things the week following graduation and head back to Utah. We'll stay with my mom while Thayne studies for the Bar and then start applying for jobs again. We thought Thayne would take the Utah Bar but now we don't feel like that's the right thing to do. We're still pondering and praying (of course) about where we should be taking the Bar and looking for a job. Thayne's parents will be putting the house on the market by the middle of May so we have to be out by then. Sometimes I wish we could just fast forward our lives and be out of the decision ditch that we're in. Sometimes I'd like to get on the floor and throw a tantrum in front of God and see if it gets me anywhere. Hehehe, wouldn't that be a funny site. Next time one of my kids do that I think I'll join them and see what happens. Hahaha!! Being an adult is hard stuff!

So the other day, Josie got upset that about not being able to do something that Jaed got to do. I told her that she could do it next time and her response was, "I'm so sad I won't be able to sleep tonight!". I think she's a little young for that kind of manipulation.

Yesterday when we got home from church, Josie started to cry because Indi hit her with a toy, then Indi started to cry because I sent her to her room, and then Kai started to cry because Thayne moved her out of the way of getting into stuff. I looked at Thayne and smiled. He didn't smile back. I think his next sentence was, "No more girls, please!". I wanted to yell, "GIRL POWER!!!" but I kept myself under control. I don't think he would have thought that was funny. One thing about girls is that they don't stop crying without some kind of attention (usually). So Thayne picked up Kai and hugged her until her face was dry, I snuggled with Josie and kissed her boo-boo, and then Indi came searching for her attention (still crying, of course). It wouldn't shock me if Thayne went and got the "no more kids" surgery without telling me :).

2 comments:

Shawny said...

We so understand where you guys are at with the job situation! Just when you think that you are near the end, another hurtle is placed in front of you! Let me know if you ever need to vent. We can do it together!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Were you thinking of posting about Thayne's potential surgery when you chose the title "Plans in the making"??? Amidst your trials, why do you still make me laugh? I can just picture you on the floor throwing a tantrum!