Thayne's parents left today. It's nice to have them come visit and the kids love the attention they get. Grandpa and Grandma are big board/card game players so my kids are in heaven! Thayne's parents never seem to tire of playing games with the kids, even when Grandpa catches Jaed cheating all the time. They certainly have more patience than I do. It's torture for me to have to play games with them. I don't know why, because I love to play games but it's more work than pleasure to play them with little kids, I think. Even though I feel this way, Thayne and I are going to start a new tradition and have a game night once a week. This will give us some nice family time (and a chance for me to practice patience :> ).
We have a Dora Memory Matching game and it has two matches that are pictures of Dora as a princess. Well, when Indi plays she tells you right from the beginning that she will be the one that gets the princess matches (or else). One time Grandma got the princess match (she picked two cards up at the same time) and Indi started to cry and put her head down on the table. It was the funniest thing ever! It seriously hurt her feelings. Grandma had to put the match back down on the table so that Indi could pick the match on her turn.
Josie couldn't finish one game at a time. She would start out playing a game with Grandpa but then she saw how much fun Indi was having playing the game with Grandma so she would come over and want to play. I had to help her understand that she has to finish one game before she plays the next but she did this little "game hopping" frequently.
And then there's Jaed......man he's a big cheater. Thayne swears that the cheater gene comes from me only because my brothers have told Thayne that I cheated all the time as a child, but I don't believe it. Well, I believe that I cheated all the time because I remember doing it but I don't believe Jaed got it from me!
No comments:
Post a Comment