Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Crawling

Indi has been in her cast for exactly a week and is getting around quite well. She still isn't walking on it but she crawls and rolls everywhere. She can crawl up and down the stairs, which is huge relief and she crawls around to play with Jaed and Josie. Her knees will probably get rough by the end of the three weeks but it's worth it as long as I don't have to haul her around. I still have to take her to the bathroom and set her on the toilet, though. That might not seem like a big deal to some of you but she has to go to the bathroom at least 10 times a day. Sometimes I wonder if she just pees enough to take the pressure off her bladder and that's it because a very short time after that she has to go again. It's insane!

We went to our playgroup on Monday and the kids were running around and Indi called me over and said, "I want to go where the other kids are going!". She was almost in tears. I felt so bad for her. That is about the only time I have seen her sad about having the cast. Normally she lifts her leg and shows everyone her cast and delights in the attention she is getting!

I think every single one of us has been hurt by her cast now. Somehow she swung her leg around and hit Josie in the nose. It left a rug burn like mark for a while. I have scrapes on my hands from pulling on and off her panties thanks to her excessive need to pee! Jaed has been hit a couple of times but I don't think those were accidents :). When we're snuggling in our bed, no one wants to lay next to Indi because her cast "hurts" as Josie puts it, so Thayne and I are stuck getting rubbed by her cast. Why can't they make those with velvet on the outside?

No comments: