Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Turning 5

My beautiful Josie turned 5 years old today. It was a very emotional day for me, and I'm not exactly sure why. I think it's because I feel a little bit guilty for not taking advantage of the time I had with her as a baby. When I got pregnant with Indi all I wanted was for her to grow up so that she could do things for herself so I could lay down to avoid throwing up. I told her, today, that when she was born I prayed to God and thanked him for sending me such a beautiful girl. She got a huge grin on her face and hugged me. I was so excited when I found I was going to have a girl and even more excited when she was born healthy without complications! She has always been a mommies girl and I hope it stays like that forever. Thayne and I talked about how protective we are of her. I don't know exactly why that is but we want to protect her from everything!

Here are some pictures of her special day!

(Josie and her yummy ice cream cake! )


(Josie asked for the new Barbie movie. The movie came with nylon wings that she could wear. About ten minutes after she put them on she said, "Momma, I can't get my wings to fly!". She was very serious about this. I told her that she needed to flap her arms like a bird, so she started flapping them really fast. Then I said, "Josie, I think it's working....you're starting to fly!". She looked down at her feet and saw that she was still on the ground. She was mad and responded, "NO I'M NOT!".)


(Josie also asked for a talking doll and we found a talking Dora which she loved! Indi got her another Dora doll that sings a song. She was in heaven!)


(Thayne's parent's neighbor, whom we have never met, wanted to get Josie something so she sent this really soft and squishy pillow. Josie carried it everywhere that night and didn't want anyone to touch it. She also got a mermaid Barbie that she's been asking for since Christmas!)


(Indi and Jaed gave Josie a birthday kiss!)



(Indi couldn't resist giving Josie a birthday body slam! Can you see Josie's face? She was not happy about this body slam.)


(Here's Dad, Mom and the Birthday girl getting ready for bed.)


I think Indi was just as excited about Josie's new toys as Josie was. Anytime Josie put her Dora dolls down, Indi would grab them, hug them, and go into another room to play with them!)



(Kaia stayed for the party as long as she could. She finally got so cranky that we had to put her to bed!)

No comments: