Friday, March 07, 2008

Things that Motherhood makes me do!

I've been thinking about things I do that I normally wouldn't do but because of Motherhood I am doing them. Does that make sense? Here are a few things that I can think of:

  • I'm dying of thirst and the only thing available is a sippy cup. Yes, I grab it, drink it and don't even care of other people see me. Or, if it's one of my older kids it's a water bottle that has several floaties but I'm desperate so I close my eyes and drink and say a little prayer that I won't throw up!
  • My kids are arguing, crying or just being loud in the car and I can't handle it so I put my country music CD on and sing at the top of my lungs. After about 2 or 3 songs I turn the music off, look in the rear view mirror and see Josie covering her ears, Jaed with a disgusted look on his face, Indi smiling and Kaia looking at me like I am crazy but it's quiet and peaceful (for about 2 or 3 minutes and then I turn the music back on).
  • I call Thayne's friends "naughty" or "potty mouths" with out even thinking and get very strange looks in return. Especially when I say "naughty" because most of them are trying to decide if I meant it in a sexual way. Yeah, it's happened! EMBARRASSING!
  • I have been known to schedule my errands around when I think Indi is going to poop. Thank goodness she is pretty predictable! She is the worst to take to public bathrooms. We always have to have a discussion about poop, butts, girl parts, etc.. These conversations are not quiet and the more I tell her to stop talking about it the more she does and I can't ignore her because she just repeats the question (and it gets louder and louder) until I answer it.
  • I answer the phone in the middle of yelling at one of my kids and finish yelling at them before I say hello. Isn't that great? Thank goodness, this has only happened a couple of times (I know, once to many).
  • I give my kids more baths/showers a week than myself. How embarrassing is that? VERY!
Ok, so my list could go on but I think I've embarrassed myself enough for now. I think the word "embarrassing" goes hand in hand with "Motherhood"......at least for me it does.

No comments: