Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Getting back into it

It was so nice having a long break from homeschooling and now it's so hard to get back into the groove again. I went with a different homeschool program for this next semester. This new one gives us a certain amount of money each semester so we can buy our own curriculum and if we have money left over we can use it for community programs for the kids such as swimming, gymnastics, music lessons, etc.. I'm really excited about it and it will be nice to be able to put the kids in more community activities so they have more social opportunities.

Jaed and Josie were tested right before the Christmas break to see how they are doing in their education and both them are at grade level or above. It was a good feeling to know that they're still learning even with me as teacher. Before I homeschooled them, Josie was not at grade level in many areas and now she is right on track or even above the norm.

Surprisingly, Indi has decided that after Kindergarten she would like to be homeschooled. I haven't decided if this homeschooling thing will be long term or not so we didn't agree to her request yet.

No comments: