Thursday, January 14, 2010

Doctor Visit

I took Zoey and Indi to the Dr. because Zoey has been sick for a couple of weeks now and just isnt' getting any better and Indi....well that's a story all by itself.

Since Indi was little (around 2) we've noticed that she gets fixated on something and obsess over it. You have to be very careful what you say to her because she can make it into something huge and obsess over it as well. For example, when I got my Cricut machine we sat the kids down and told them to never touch it because it was expensive and could hurt them really bad if they got their fingers stuck in it. Well, Indi thought that meant that the machine was a death trap. Everytime I brought the machine out to use it, Indi would run in another room or get upset and tell me I shouldn't use it because it will hurt me. No matter what we told her all she remembered is that the machine could hurt you.

Thayne and I have been wondering if she has OCD, so when I took Zoey in to the Dr.'s office I brought Indi with me. After explaining our concerns to the Dr. about Indi, she immediately diagnosed Indi with OCD. She told me that it wasn't an extreme case so she would not recommend any medication for it but did want to prescribe counseling for her so that it didn't get out of hand. Thank goodness there is a great child psychologist in our little town so we won't have to drive far for her to see someone.

No comments: