I felt horrible this morning but I had planned a huge day for the kids so I was determined to follow through. I had a MOMS Club activity this morning and Jaed met a new boy that he loved to play with. Then we went to the store to buy Jaed and Josie some goggles for swimming. Jaed has been asking for some since the last time we went swimming and it seemed like every kid there had a pair. I had packed a lunch for us that we ate at the pool and then the kids went swimming. I can't believe how much they love to be in the water. They all go their seperate ways to play once we get there.
Jaed goes directly to where the majority of the kids are and starts talking to them immediately. Not long after we get there, he's running around with a group of boys I know he hasn't met before. He is so social and wants to be everyones friend. I hear him ask their names and he tells them his name even if they don't ask. He wore his goggles the whole time we were there. He loves to drop something in the water that will sink to the bottom and then he goes under the water to get it. He was so excited that he could see it with his goggles. He came and told me about it at least three different times.
Josie, looks around and finds toys that no one is using and takes them to an area where no one is and plays. She doesn't interact with ANYONE. She is completely content playing by herself. This is so foriegn to me because I am so much like Jaed when it comes to social situations. I almost feel sorry for her because she looks so alone but I see her laughing and smiling often. I went and tried to play with her and she let me for about 5 minutes and then she gathered her toys and moved away from me without saying a word. I think my feelings were hurt, just a little.
Now Indi.....wow....I never thought a 2 year old GIRL could be such a bully. She doesn't try to find toys that are not being used, she looks around and finds the toy that she wants and walks over and takes it without any hesitation. I was completely shocked the first time I saw it. I didn't know whether to go get the toy from her and give it back to the child (who's mother was sitting beside him) or run behind a bush and hide out of embarrassment. I decided to be an adult and get the toy from Indi and give it back. Indi didn't care....in fact...when I took the toy away from her to give it back to the child, Indi was off looking for another toy to snatch. I stopped her before another scene was made and helped her find some toys that no one was using. She would play with those for a while and then toss them down and go searching for that one toy that was already taken. I saw several moms ( Indi had taken toys from two of the mom's children) talking together and then one pointed to Indi......how embarrassing. They didn't look mad, more amazed, laughing, and shaking their heads.
There was this older lady who was laying on her stomach in the toddler pool trying to get a tan (I think). Indi had a bucket and filled it with water and went right over to the lady and dumped the water on her legs. I didn't know quite what to do. The lady turned over in shock, but then started to laugh when she saw Indi. I decided to make my way over there and when the lady saw me she said, "She's okay....it felt good, it just surprised me." I apologized for it but she told me that it was fine, so I went and sat down. Indi continued to fill the bucket of water and poor it on the lady, again and again. At one point, Indi laid right down next to the lady on her stomach as well. I could tell that the lady was thrilled and having as good of a time as Indi was.
As we were on our way home from a long but enjoyable day.....Jaed said to me "You're a great Mom!". I asked him why he said that and he responded, "Because you got me and Josie goggles, and made good sandwiches and took us to swim." For the first time, in a long time, I truly felt like a great mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment