Thursday, July 06, 2006

Rough Day

Well the day started out bad and just got worse. I felt sick from the moment I got out of bed. I tried to control any urge I had to throw up because I hadn't eaten so I knew it would be the awful dry heaves. BUT.....it didn't last long before I was yelling at Thayne to get me a bowl because I knew it was coming. Josie was sitting by me and Indi was laying on me when it started. At first they just looked at me with confusion on their faces but then Indi started crying and ran to Thayne and Josie didn't make a sound but quickly rushed to the other side of the room. Afterwards, my body ached and I was exhausted from the nasty ole' dry heaves. I knew that if I actually had thrown something up I would have felt better....oh well.

After laying on the couch trying to rest and recooperate I packed the kids up to make a trip to Walmart for diapers and wipes. I still felt horrible but it was a necessity run for diapers. While strolling through the store, very slowly, I had the urge to throw up again. I didn't know what to do....I couldn't run to the bathroom in time with three kids and I didn't want to have an audiance so I went in the clothes section and sat down behind some racks and tried not to move. Both girls were in the cart and Jaed was running around and threw every clothes rack around us. I wanted to yell at him to stop but was afraid if I opened my mouth I might lose my breakfast. After about 5 minutes or so the naseous feeling started to subside and I got up and started my shoping again. I did finally make it home without any scenes, thank goodness.

I decided that my kids needed some fun in their day since I wasn't getting any so I took them to the city pool. They had a great time and I.....well...tried to keep a smile on my face for them. When I decided it was time to go home, I had to drag Josie out the car and then had to go get Indi. She had stopped to throw rocks and calling her wasn't doing the trick. By the time I got all the kids in their seatbelts, I was about to cry out of exhaustion and complete frustration. I sat in the car for a moment to try and get control of myself and when I thought I was ready, I turned the key to start the car and....NOTHING HAPPENED! The car wouldn't start....it wouldn't even turn over.....! If it wasn't so hot outside and even hotter in the car I would have sat there and just cried, but I couldn't stay in the car in the heat. My friend lived just around the corner, so I got the kids out of the car and we started down the street to my friends house. But guess what.....NO ONE was home. I am completely surprised that I didn't lose it right there. We walked all the way back to the pool and I used their phone to call Thayne, but he wasn't home yet. I let the kids run around in the front area of the pool while we waited for Thayne to get home. I finally got a hold of Thayne and he made arrangements with a friend of his to bring him to the pool. We tried charging the battery but that didn't work so we knew that it must be something more serious. I couldn't even talk because I was seriously on the verge of tears. Thayne's friend brought us home and I went straight up to my room and just let it all poor out. It actually felt good.....I was so exhausted and worn out.

It was truly a rough day. But my hero (Thayne) came to my rescue and took care of things and still was able to pay attention to me and make sure I was doing okay. How lucky am I to have such a brave, kind, and loving hero always at my side?

No comments: