Sunday, July 16, 2006

Laziness

I have begun to think that kids are born with laziness....wait......now let me explain. Josie is my lazy child but, oh, so adorable. Ever since she was little, if it was time to clean...she always disappears. AND....if I ask her to throw something away, she points and Jaed and says, "Jaed do it". If I say no, then she points at Indi and says, "Indi do it". Even today, when she wanted a drink, I told her she needed to find her cup. The first thing she did was point at Jaed and said, "Jaed find it Mom". I told her that it was her cup and she would need to find it herself. She must not have been that thirsty because she went over to her toys and started playing. About ten minutes later, she came back and asked for a drink again. I gave her the same response and this time she pointed at Indi and said, "Indi find it". My answer to her was the same and off she was to play again. She didn't even attempt to look around for it.....not even a quick glance around the room. Hmm........did she learn this behavior or was she born with it? I certainly don't want to think that we taught her this so I'm sticking with "they're born with it" :).

Jaed has behaved so great in church the last two sundays. Even his teachers have commented on it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with that fact that if he's good he can play game cube with his Dad. Oh well....he is a child that works for rewards....even if it is sunday. He's even come home singing the songs that I taught them at church. That always makes me feel good. If I make a comment about it while he's singing, he stops immediately and won't sing it again.....so I have learned to listen and enjoy.

We're trying really hard (well Thayne is) to slowly wean Indi off her pacifiers. Thayne has said that she can only have them at bedtime...well.....I'm not as good as Thayne. I spend more time with her and have to hear her cry (which gets on both of our nerves) so the easiest thing for me to do is put a pacifier in her mouth. I know that I'll have to crack down on it soon, but it's gonna be rough.

1 comment:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Oh the pacifier struggle! We tried several things, for Tyler it just took the Dentist telling him it was time to stop (he was barely 2 at the time). We made a chart which I thought would take months to fill and within the week he had his reward and I had mine! Everyone's different, but sometimes a higher authority will do the trick!