We were trying to think of something fun to do with the kids on Saturday and finally decided to try out a movie. We haven't taken them to the movie for a very long time because.....well....I'm sure you can imagine how it went last time. But now that our little ones have gotten older, we thought it might work. The only kid show playing was "Cars", and we hadn't heard very many good things about it but I have to say, I thought it was entertaining. It certainly doesn't increase any thinking skills but I was amused. Jaed loved it. I even caught him smiling several times through the movie. Our little Indi actually enjoyed it as well. Only the last 15-20 minutes did she start to move around and become a distraction for me and Thayne. NOW....Josie....what another story. I think she might have watched the previews but that was about it. She kept asking for popcorn but I told her "no" about 100 times. Finally, I was so sick of hearing her say, "Mom, I want popcorn PWEEEEZ", that I gave in and bought the $5 small bag. As soon as she was done with that she started asking for ice cream. I was digging my feet down and I wasn't going to give in. I just started ignoring her. She even got her face right in front of mine and said "PWEEEEZ, Mom", but I just looked around her at the movie. I had to keep picking her up and putting her in her seat, and she kept asking to sit by Daddy and when she got over to him she would sit for about 20 seconds and then ask for me and back and forth. She was quite the stinker. I don't think she'll be attending another movie anytime soon.
Today at church, Jaed's teacher asked them to draw a picture of something they were thankful for. Any ideas what Jaed might have drawn? A Monster!!! His teacher even wrote down on the bottom of the page "I am thankful for Monsters". Thayne and I laughed pretty hard. Not in front of Jaed, though. I put his drawing in his box of "keepers" so that he can have a great laugh when he gets older.
Thayne only has two more weeks of his internship left. I can't wait. Then we have a month to enjoy our little family together. Even though school is rough, I do enjoy the long and short breaks we get together. I'm sure I will miss those when he gets back to work in the private sector.
No comments:
Post a Comment