Last night, Thayne helped the kids makes signs for the race, which I wasn't allowed to see. They were so excited when we told them that I was going to be in a race. The morning of the race, Indi kept saying, "I know you gonna win, mommy!". I knew I wouldn't even come close to winning but it was so cute to see her so excited.
There were over 5000 people registered to race, which was so overwhelming. When I got to the starting line with all those people I almost stepped out but then I saw Thayne and the kids watching me. The horn was blown and we were off like a herd. I waved goodbye to Thayne and the kids and focused ahead. The first part of the trail was hilly so by the time I saw Thayne and the kids again I was pretty tired and red. BUT, there they were, on the side of the road with their signs waving me on. My heart was touched and I even felt a little emotional. I have the best fan club and cheerleaders! They are always there for me, cheering me on, whenever I need a little motivation. I just love them so much.
The rest of th race was not as bad as the first part. I felt rejuvenated, thanks to my family, and ready to finish. When I was almost at the finish line, I looked over and there was my little family again. When I slowed down to greet them, the kids patted me and gave me quick hugs. They walked with me through the finish line! I finished the race with 5 minutes to spare from my goal. I can't begin to tell you how refreshing and good I felt to know that I accomplished something like this. To others it might not seem like a big deal, but this was a triumph for me. With my fan club behind me, I feel like I can accomplish any goal I want. I feel so blessed to have a great husband who is very supportive and loving, and four beautiful children who think I could do no wrong. Thayne told me that Jaed was a bit upset when they were waiting for me at the end. He asked Thayne, "How come these people don't let Mommy go first?". Thayne said he had to remind Jaed that being the first person doesn't mean you're the only one that wins. If you finish the race, you're a winner.
This is exactly what I saw when I saw them on the side of the road!

Here we are after crossing the finish line.
10 comments:
Good job, Ally!! We were there, too...except we were walking. :) I am very impressed!
I love hearing all the stories of your cute family. I want to be like you guys. You just stick together and really support each other. It is admirable.
Woo hoo! Go Ally! The pictures of the kids are adorable. That is so sweet!
Way to go Ally! Good for you! That big of a distance is overwhelming to me. What a sweet little eternal family you have there! Creating memories and setting a great example for your kids.
Great Job Ally!! I think races like that are so great to be a part of--I love being out there with so many other people to support a great cause. And what an adorable cheering section you have!
Ally... you are amazing girl! I'm so proud of your spontaneous decision to run a race - geeze! Your family is adorable, and a true example of sticking together and sticking it out!
I didn't say anything about running (although, I did jog a little bit!). I walked pretty dang fast the whole time. It was a great work out!
I taught you and now you set the example for me. I want to be just like you when I grow up!
Way to go Ally! What a great cheering section.
I hope you saved those signs! Great job!
Post a Comment