Thursday, September 13, 2007

Quick Nap

When I have had a rough day or a rough night I look forward to a quick nap.....but...I have four kids to deal with at the same time. You may wonder what I do. WELL.....I wait for Kaia to show signs of fatigue, lay down on the couch with a blanket, and call the other three kids to come in an hop on. They each of an assigned spot behind my legs and are content with it. I turn on a PBS show (*wink wink*) and they don't move an inch until the show is over. Kaia is all snuggled next to me so she goes right to sleep and so do I. If the kids move at all I wake up immediately. It's amazing what you can train yourself to do as a mother. I think I have a pretty good strategy here and I hope it works for a LONG time. Here's a picture of how we look, in case you couldn't get a visual:









The kids know that I am taking a short nap and when the show is over they are ready to get up and play again. Today they started to sing, "Get up, mom....get up"!

3 comments:

Jenny G said...

You are amazing. I've heard stories that the napping yourself stops after you have more than one. I'm so glad you've proved this theory wrong!

Steph said...

You ARE amazing! I have four and this does not happen when they are home! The two oldest are in school and my three year old will be starting school on Monday so I'm looking forward to those times before having more than one child!! My problem is that my mind is racing with all of the stuff that I need to get done that it's hard for me to fall asleep!! Have a great day!

My Many Coloured Days said...

Oooooh... so that's how it's done! Keep posting the "how to with 4" advice!!!