Thayne leaves today to go to Utah for his brother's wedding. I wish we all could go. I'd love to see my mom, dad and my brother (and family). I don't usually get homesick but I've been feeling it a lot lately. I don't look forward to being the mom/dad for three days either. I really rely on Thayne in the evenings to give me a break and take care of all the responsibilities of the kids. The kids don't even know yet. I know we're all going to cry driving home. I think Jaed will be the most sad. He loves to play games with Thayne right when he walks in the door. Listen to me.....I'm talking like he's going to be gone for weeks. How pathetic! You would never have guessed that we were a part from each other for over 5 weeks this summer or that we've been married almost ten years. Well, I know we'll be fine because I'll pull up by boot straps and going into extreme survival mode!
At Jaed's school the kids can go to the cafeteria before school starts and grab something for breakfast. Well Jaed came home last week and was telling me that he had a great cereal bar at school and he hopes he can have it again tomorrow. I quizzed him a little about it and realized that he was making a trip to the cafeteria before school started for breakfast. First of all, I didn't even know that they offered breakfast at school until I got this story out of Jaed. Second of all, he eats breakfast every morning at home. I immediately called the school and asked more about this little trip Jaed was making to the cafeteria. When I told the office lady that Jaed east breakfast at school her response was, "Well he must still be hungry, mam!". I doubt it. On top of it all I found out that breakfast is $1.40 every morning and he had been doing this for three weeks, running up a tab for us. I asked Jaed how he found out about the breakfast thing and he said he followed some kids to the cafeteria one morning to see what they were doing and just got in line with them. I seriously didn't know if I should laugh and lecture. I finally decided to laugh and chalk it up as a learning experience, which is to be more informed about what goes on at school. luckily, we found out that the free lunch program Jaed is on also covers breakfast so that tab we thought we were going to have to pay is nonexistent.
I found out that Jaed was drinking milk at school so I had to call the food service department and have them put on their computer that Jaed is allergic to milk. Jaed told us the next day that he tried to take some chocolate milk and they wouldn't let him because he was allergic to it. Well this morning I got a call from his principal. He said that Jaed took a breakfast bar that morning and the cafeteria ladies didn't see him take it and caught him with it after he had already taken four bites (I'm surprised it wasn't gone by then!). He was extremely apologetic and asked if they should call the paramedics. I explained to the principal that Jaed was allergic to milk in large quantities such as ice cream. I also told him that he could not drink it at lunch because it was too much for him and he would break out in a horrible rash. The principal let out a huge sigh and said, "Oh, thank goodness!". What a little stinker, Jaed is. I know that he grabbed that breakfast bar when those ladies weren't looking.
2 comments:
Ally, your entries about Jaed crack me up! Who do you think he gets it from? You or Thayne (hee, hee).
Let me just tell you all, jaed reminds me so much of his Mom, she kept me hoppin evry minute and sometimes still does. She is also the delight of my life.
Post a Comment