Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Moving up in the world

Now that Kai is getting a little older (almost 4 months old), we decided to bring in the high chair and put her in it. The kids love it more than she does, I think. The piled her tray up with so many toys, that she didn't even know where to start. She just starred at them for the longest time and then decided to grab one. When she reached out for one Jaed yelled, "SHE'S GRABBING THE ONE I PUT UP THERE!". His outburst really startled her and she started to cry.

This reminded me of a remark that Jaed made several weeks ago, right before my mom came into town. He said, "Momma, I don't know what Grams is going to do when she comes.". I asked him what he meant and he said, "Well, Kaia doesn't like any person but you and she sometimes likes Daddy but that's it. Whenever me and the girls get around her and try and play with her she starts to cry and then you tell us to get away.". I told him that I was sure that Kaia would be okay with Grams but he had major hesitation. I laughed pretty hard when he walked away. They have know clue that pulling her arms, squeezing her face together, growling and roaring her face, and smothering her is what makes her cry, not them!

Here's some recent pictures of our little Kai:

Here's Kaia in her new high chair with Josie peeking behind





































Yesterday morning, Kaia woke up all smiles and smiled the morning away. Here she is in her little rocker just smiling and playing and talking! She is a very happy and calm baby 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time is when she's hungry and/or you have to burp her. She hates and she let's you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! She's getting so big!