I was out paying bills with the girls this morning and Josie kept running ahead. She would go around corners and I would call her name to come back and she (of course) wouldn't. Sometimes I would go around the corner and not see her which scared me to death.
I decided that it was enough so I called her over to me and waited until she came. I proceeded to tell her that the reason I wanted her to stay close to me is because there were bad people around and they could grab her and take her away. So if she stayed by me, I could protect her from someone grabbing her. Her eyes were really big and she grabbed on to my hand immediately. As we walked down the hall I heard her mumbling something about someone grabbing her when a door opened and a man walked out towards us. Josie screamed bloody murder and got behind me. The man looked pretty startled himself. He stopped and looked at me, I think waiting for an explanation. I told him that I was trying to teach her about strangers and to be careful around them, but I must have scared her a little more than I intended to. I kind chuckled but the guy didn't. So I told the girls to "come on" and we left the building. Josie was clinging to me very hard. All I can say is that at least I didn't have to watch her run ahead of me and call after her.
No comments:
Post a Comment