On the Valentines Day after Thayne and I were married we decided to go and get tattoos. Yes, it hurt and yes it was a dumb, but we did and we're stuck with them (until we get rich and can get them lasered off, I guess). Well my tattoo is on the left side of my chest and Thayne's is on the upper part of his right arm. The kids are fascinated with our tattoos and ask to see them, or point them out every time they do see them.
Jaed has been talking about tattoos A LOT lately and keeps saying that some kids at his school have them on their arms. I'm sure they are the rub on ones that you can buy at the store but he argues with me if I try to tell him they are not real. I finally told him that getting a tattoo hurts and mommy and daddy were naughty to get one, but that doesn't seem to work with him. He keeps talking about getting one. Well, he told me that he told his teacher, the other day, that his mommy has a tattoo on her boobie. I thought I was going to die of embarrassment. Thayne tried to tell him that he doesn't need to tell people where "mommy's" tattoo is but we ALL know this won't be the last time it is shared with others.
This tattoo will haunt me for the rest of my life. And why did I have to get it on my chest? Why not on my leg or back or something? Thayne's tattoo (it's a dragon and sword) is more interesting than mine (a rose) so why can't Jaed talk about his? The sad thing about it is that Jaed is the first of all our children to start telling others. I KNOW that the other kids will follow in his footsteps and tell as well. I have no one to blame but myself!
1 comment:
I'm wondering where the pictures are to go with this post??? Life is full of these kinds of moments, enjoy!
Post a Comment