Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Crazy Times

I can't believe it's been over a week and I haven't written anything. So much has happened that I don't even know where to start. I guess I"ll start with some funny stuff. I was leaving the house to take Jaed to school when Josie said, "Mom that's our grass out there by our house" and before I could respond, Jaed said, "No Josie, it's not our grass, it's Jesus's grass. He just let's us mow it!". I told Jaed he was right, that Jesus made everything here on earth and we have to do what we can to take care of it and when we mow the grass that's taking care of it. He was pretty proud of himself. That conversation started a bunch of questions about Jesus from Jaed. We even talked about how we need to be like Jesus and he got all emotional and said that he would try hard to do it. It almost made me cry the way he was talking so seriously. We talked about when we're naughty we're not doing what Jesus would want us to do, so Jaed said that at school he would try hard to do what Jesus wants.
Well, after I dropped Jaed off at school I told the girls that we were going to go to the store and the first thing Josie says is, "Mommy, shopping is naughty and Jesus doesn't want us to do that!". I know she got that from Thayne. Whenever the kids tell Thayne that we bought something (because I don't ever fess up so the kids tattle on me) he always says, "That is so naughty of Mommy!". Even with all the stuff I buy for Josie (and my other kids) she's telling me that shopping is naughty and that Jesus doesn't want us to shop. When we got into the store, an older lady stopped and said, "Oh, how cute. Are you girls shopping with your Mommy?". Any guesses how Josie responded? "No, Jesus doesn't want us to shop, so we not shopping!". The lady looked a little confused and chuckled. I just shrugged my shoulders and strolled away.
When we picked up Jaed from school he was so excited to tell me that he got in "green" and did everything Jesus wanted him to do. I hugged him so hard and told him how proud I was of him. That night at dinner, Jaed said the prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for helping him get in green.

No comments: