Wednesday, May 23, 2007

School Party

Today was Josie's "End of the Year" school party. She really loves school and I know she'll miss her teachers all summer.

I keep forgetting to post a funny experience I had with Josie in regards to her teachers. First, I should say that I do my girls hair everyday and pick their clothes out the night before. I love to get my girls dressed and ready for the day. It's like playing dolls all over again. Well, everytime Josie would go to school her teachers would always make a remark about how cute she looks. Several weeks ago, I was helping Josie get her clothes on for school and she looked down at herself and said, "No, Mom....my teachers won't like dis outfit!". No matter what I said she would not leave that outfit on. I looked up at Thayne and said, "She is too young to have an opinion on what she should wear!". He only laughed and walk out of the room. I had to go find a different outfit for her to wear that she liked and one she thought her teachers would like. I think I was in my own little world when I was thinking that my girls would never have an opinion on what they wore.

Okay, back to the party. Indi, Kai and I were invited to attend the party as well. Josie's class sang two songs and told a story while all the parents and siblings watched with grins on our faces. Josie was all over the floor during the story. She was rolling around, doing somersaults, and even hugging the kids next to her. She did stop and sing the songs, though.

Here are some pictures of the party:

This is Josie and her Teacher "Mrs. Arlene". I have really enjoyed her teachers this year. They seem so intune with Josie's needs. They also are very kind and loving to Josie, which is extremely important to me.



















This is Josie with her teachers Ms. Meagan and Mrs. Hope (who is holding our little Kaia):




















Here's Josie during one of the songs. I whispered her name and she turned my way, saw the camera and put a HUGE grin on her face:




















Here is Josie and her best friend Amara. Everytime I drop Josie off at school, Amara comes running up to her and wraps her arms around Josie saying, "My best friend!" :




















There was a table of cookies at the party and Indi would not leave the table for even a second at first. I finally told her she couldn't have any more cookies but after a bit I glanced over at the table and there she was eating another cookie with Josie and Amara. I caught her in the act:

No comments: