My mom came into town for a quick weekend visit. It was so nice to have her come and hang out. The kids had a blast with her and she seemed to enjoy their company (as wild as it was) as well. We shoppped, talked, laughed and visited non-stop. Thayne was so good to let us do things without the kids sometimes, even though they were crying at the door when we left. He never complained!
My mom calls me "Allyson" and my kids could not stand it. They kept telling her that my name was "Mommy" or "Ally" NOT "Allyson". Especially Indi. She seemed to be the first one to speak up when she heard my mom call my name. My mom kept telling them that my name was "Allyson" but they didn't believe it for a second. Unfortunately for them, my mom just kept calling me "Allyson" and they kept reminding her that she wasn't saying right.
It was sad to see her go. Josie just kept saying, "Don't leave, Grams, don't go!". I wanted to say that too, but I knew she had to get back to her house and work. I do hate not living close to my family.
I thought about taking pictures several times but never got my camera out. Now I'm so bugged at myself that we didn't take any pictures of her and the kids. This is the second visit, from her, that I didn't get my camera out. Oh well, I'll make up for it this summer when we're at her house for two weeks. Only 18 more days to go and we're off on our vacation adventure!
1 comment:
Spending a four day week-end with you guys was just what I needed, even sleeping three to a twin bed, one night was fun.
You and Thayne really are rad parents and I love spending time with your family. Those kids are so darling and they love my hugs and kisses, thank heavens because I can't keep my lips off them. Jaed never says don't, he just try to distract me so I won't keep kissing his cheek.
Let's do this four day weekend again soon!
Post a Comment