Saturday, March 31, 2007

Bugged

Jaed didn't do so well this week at school. He got in red twice this week because someone bugged him so he hit them. I can't tell you how many times we have talked about not hitting even if someone bugs you but he's obviously not getting it. His teacher told me that she tried to talk to him about not hitting and his response was, "Well, it didn't hurt him/her." or "Well, he/she hit me back.". I'm hoping we can take care of these problems he's having at school before he goes to kindergarden next year or he'll be the first kid to be kicked out of school at age 5, I'm sure of it.

I really think it's starting to affect him that he doesn't have any brothers. Josie and Indi are playing so well together that they have no interest in playing boy stuff with Jaed. If Jaed wants to play with them then he has to play with barbies, dolls or ponies. He's told me several times that he hates girl toys so I know that he must be desperate if he plays with them. He told me the other day that he wants Kai to be a boy so he can have a brother. When I told him that Kai is a girl and we can't change that he said, "Well can you get another baby in your tummy so it can be a boy?". I felt so bad for him......but bad enough to get pregnant again right now.....probably not!

Josie and Indi were playing dress up and Josie wanted to know if I could find a boy dress. I asked her why and she said that Jaed wanted to play but he hated girl dresses so I needed to find a boy dress for him so he could play.

No comments: