Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Funny Stuff

My kids have done and said some pretty funny stuff lately that I've been wanting to share on my blog but finding the time with a new baby is making it a little hard. I have a few minutes so I'll put down as much as I can:

Funny things Jaed has done or said:

When the electricity went out a couple of weeks ago, we all gathered in the front room where there was more light from outside. The kids were running around and playing when Jaed stopped and said, "Watch and learn, sisters!" and then he proceeded to do a sommersault. Indi was the only "sister" that watched and learned though. She did a sommersault right after him!

There is a boy at Jaed's school named Oliver who things Jaed is the coolest guy ever. The only problem is that he hangs all ove Jaed and hugs him to the point that Jaed becomes extremely bugged. Last week, Thayne picked Jaed up from school and learned that Jaed had punched Oliver. Thayne asked Jaed why and all Jaed could say was, "Oliver really bugs me, Dad. He calls me his bestfriend but I don't even like him. He won't leave me alone!". Thayne said that he tried to help Jaed understand that we don't hurt other people even if they bug us but Jaed just responded, "But I HATE Oliver!".

Funny things Josie has done or said:

When the kids came up to see Kaia after she was born, Josie took one look at her and said, "She's brown!" and walked away. Kaia had quite a bit of bruising on her face so she did look a little darker than normal.

Josie has quite the imagination. We were shopping the other day and Josie found a small container that used to have candy in it. That container became her friend. She would put it down right in the middle of the aisle and then go around the corner and start counting. Finally she would say, "Here I come" and she would start looking around like she was searching for something. When she got right next to the container she would stop, look down and say, "I found you!" and pick it up and hug it. She did this several times throughout the store. I finally asked her what she was doing and she said, "Mom, I'm playing hide and seek with my friend!".

Funny things Indi has done or said:

At church, a week ago, I was sitting around several other women that had babies not much older than Kaia. I heard the door open to the room we were in and saw that it was Thayne and Indi. Indi was obviously suppose to come right to me and ask me for a diaper (since I had the diaper bag) but she was amazed to see so many babies. She started with the one closest to her and said, "Is that my baby?" and the mother quietly said "No" and indi moved along to the next baby and asked even louder, "IS THAT MY BABY?". By this time everyone in the room had turned around to watch Indi. Finally, the third mom she asked pointed at me and said, "I think your mom has your baby.". Indi said, "Oh, there's my baby!" and came right over to Kaia and kissed her head. I gave her the diaper and as she was walking out of the room with Thayne she said, "My baby is cute, Dad!". Everyone in the room was laughing.

I was holding Kaia yesterday and she started to fuss so I tried several different things to calm her down but she wasn't going to be happy at that moment. Indi kept telling me that Kaia needed her pacifier but I had already tried that and kaia wasn't interested. Finally, Indi said to me, "I think she wants me, not you!" and she held out her hands.

Kaia was laying on the bed a few days ago and Indi went right over to where she was and leaned down to kiss all over Kaia's face. Well, Kaia got a hold of some of Indi's hair and Indi screeched. It obviously scared Kaia because she started to cry and then Indi started to cry while saying, "Kaia hurt my hair. She hurt my hair!". We tried to explain to Indi that she didn't know she was doing it but Indi just wanted to be held and cuddled like Kaia, so we did.

No comments: