With a new baby in the house it's hard to find time to blog or for anything else I like to do. But, she's worth every minute of my time, that's for sure. It's been an eventful week! We took the kids to the dentist last week and he told us that Indi needs to be taken off the pacifier because it's causing structural damage. So we found all the pacifiers that belong to her and cut them up and put them in the trash. She cried at first but I just kept telling her that the doctor said "No more pi'ers (that's what Indi calls them)". It only took one bad night for her to get over them.....well kinda. Several nights after we took them away, I went in her room to check on her and found her asleep with one of Kaia's pacifiers in her mouth. It was pretty funny and pretty sneaky for a two year old.
A couple of days ago we were riding in the car and Kai started to cry. We searched everywhere in the car for one of her pacifiers but had no luck finding one. I did happen to run across one of Indi's old pacifiers so out of desperation we put it in Kai's mouth. She quieted right down but then Indi started up. She started to say, "NO Kaia, dat mine!!" "Get it out, Kaia!". I felt so bad for little Indi. She cried all the way home saying off and on, "Dat's my pi'er!". Finally we got home and I took the pacifier out of Kaia's mouth and hid it and offered Indi some chocolate and she seemed to get over the traumatic event.
I also told her that the doctor said "No more diapers" so she agreed to where panties. The first two days were rough but then we had two more days of no accidents. We're on day seven and we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. She does have a habit that needs to be broken soon, though. Everytime she goes to the potty she needs a new pair of panties. There is nothing wrong with the ones she was wearing but for some reason she's bored with them and demands a new pair. I have been giving in to her demands, for now, and folding up the ones she was wearing and putting them back in her drawer. Other than that little quirk, she's doing so well. If you ask her what the doctor said, she yells.."NO MORE PI'ERS AND NO MORE DIAPERS!!".
No comments:
Post a Comment