Spring break is over and I'm not looking forward to the next 5 weeks. Thayne will be back to school and studying tomorrow to get ready for finals in a month. I can't wait until this semester is over.
Anyways, we had a great time this week, I think. We took the kids bowling which was quite an experience. The kids were so excited to go and somehow they knew what bowling was (t.v. I'm sure!). Josie and Indi had a hard time accepting that we all take turns and that they just can't go up and throw a ball down whenever they want. When I say "throw a ball" that is exactly what they did. There was no rolling for them. Everytime it was there turn and the ball started bouncing we looked to around to see how many people were staring at us that time. Once the ball stopped bouncing it headed down the lane in a very SLOW SLOW manor. Thayne tried to make the girls watch their ball when they let it go down the lane but it took so long to get to the pins that even they lost complete interest and were off playing. When we would cheer for them they looked up like they didn't know what we were talking about. It was quite humorous! Jaed actually did quite well. He understood the game and was focused when it was his turn. He ended up being in the lead most of the time until the end when Thayne bowled two strikes and pulled ahead of Jaed. Jaed would say to each of us when we got up to bowl, "Ok, focus!" and then he would follow it up with saying "You can do it!" and continued to say it until you threw the ball down. Pretty hard to focus when he's saying it over and over loud enough for everyone in the whole building to hear but his intentions were good. In the end, everyone had a good time and I was just happy that I bowled better than my daughters :).
We didn't clean as much as I would have liked but I guess I shouldn't complain. We had a wonderful week with Thayne home and I enjoyed the extra rest and less responsibility. We went to the park a couple of times and out for ice cream another time. The kids were enjoying it all, I'm sure.
1 comment:
I was wondering how your bowling experience went! We'll have to have a family competition sometime!
Post a Comment