“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
Friday, March 23, 2007
Shorts
I had my first fight over clothes with my son. I always thought it would be with one of my daughters but nope, it was Jaed. He wanted to wear a specific pair of shorts to school this morning and when I saw them on him and told him that he needed to go back into his room and put on some long pants. He stomped off, mumbling something about hating pants and I went in to help the girls get dressed. I hadn't seen him for a bit and decided to check up on him. I wen to his room where I saw him with pants on but a huge bulky object underneath his shirt. I asked him what it was and he shrugged his shoulders. I insisted that he take out whatever was in his shirt which he did very slowly. Any guesses what it was? Yep, it was the shorts. I tried to explain to him that it was too cold for him to wear shorts to school and that sneaking them was only going to get him in trouble. I left the room to find out why Indi was screaming at the top of her lungs and left Jaed to "ponder" what we talked about. A few minutes later, Jaed came in our room and I noticed his shirt was halfway tucked in his pants so I called him over to fix it. Well, when I lifted his shirt up guess what I saw. He had put his shorts on underneath his long pants. I wanted to scream!! But I didn't. I told him to get in his room and take the shorts off. Again, he stomped off all mad but I did check up on him and saw the shorts on his bed. Finally, it was time to take him to school. We all were heading for the car when Jaed said, "Oh, I'll be right back!". He ran up to his room and then ran down the stairs and tried to make it past us to the car but didn't make it. I noticed that he was trying to hide something under his arm. I stopped him and guess what I saw? THE SHORTS!! By this time I wanted to throw those shorts in the garbage. I didn't even say anything to him. I just grabbed the shorts and pointed to the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy heck - you have me laughing out loud! I would have thought it would have been the girls too - with miniskirts or something. I hate to tell you that Julia DID wear shorts to school on Friday - only because I was to worn out to be an in charge Mom!!!
Post a Comment