Monday, March 19, 2007

All in one day!

Our Monday didn't start out so well. Both Jaed and Josie were late for school because they couldn't get moving at normal speed this morning. By the time we were all in the car, Thayne and I were so frustrated we drove the kids to school in silence while they sang and laughed like nothing was going on. Josie's new line is, "Mom, I said I was sorry!". Like that's suppose to make it all okay at the very moment. In her world, that's the way it works.....I just have to keep remembering that she's 4 and my son is 5 and I need to expect no more out of them than that.
Jaed got a yellow at school today because he hit a girl. I asked him why he hit her and all he could say was, "Well she was bugging me.". We have him the "no hitting" talk but I really think it goes in one ear and out the other. On the way home from school I heard him say to Josie, "Mark my words, BUCKO, if you do it again I"ll kick your bum (ok, he said butt).". I have no idea where he comes up with these sayings. For the rest of the day, Josie and Indi were calling each other "Bucko's" and getting mad about it.
Indi and I went to a playgroup this morning and she had a great time. There was this little boy, about Indi's age, that was in a pushing mood. He went around pushing the other kids and even tried to push Indi. I said "tried" because when he pushed her, she barely moved. He even used both hands when he pushed her but she stood her ground and said, "You don't push me!" and then gave him a dirty look. He looked confused but walked off. I wanted to laugh out loud but I was afraid his mom would ask what was so funny and I didn't want him to get into trouble so I just laughed inside and watched them play. He had alraedy gotten in trouble for pushing several times before that and I could see his mom was so frustrated that I didn't want to add to it. It didn't hurt Indi and she took care of the situation herself. I think the funniest part was that she didn't even move. All the other kids had either fallen or had to take a huge step from his push, but not our solid Indi. The confused look on the little boy's face was priceless as well. He was probably wondering why she didn't hardly move when he shoved her. HAHAHA, it makes me laugh just to think about it again.
We put Kai down for the night and I looked back to check on her and found her sleeping with her hands in the air. I hurry and grabbed the camera and took a picture:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pushing with Indi is too funny! She stands her ground! :)

Autumn