I can't believe it's been over a week since I posted last. I'd like to say that it's because it has been so quiet and uneventful here but you'd all know I was lying. Never a dull moment in my house. We are almost back to our ole' routine with everyone back in school. My housecleaning routine has gone to pot but I blame it on this huge baby in my stomach. I can't bend over very easy and standing for too long hurts my back so I do the minimum amount possible and call it good. I have two and a half weeks to go and everyone in the house is helping me count it down.
I have a great friend here who threw me a (wanted to be) suprise baby shower a week ago. I never thought I'd have another baby shower after my last one but, boy, did I need it. Living on a small amount of student loans, and having given all my baby stuff away, we were starting from zero. I got several packages of diapers, cute outfits, socks, and other great stuff. I truly felt blessed to have such great friends. My "need" list is getting smaller and smaller thanks to my friends and family.
Since Jaed lost his last tooth and got two quarters from the tooth fairy he has become obsessed with money. He's been searching everywhere in the house for money. I even caught him trying to sneak his hand in Thayne's pants pocket for coins. He did happen to find a dollars worth of coins and was determined to spend it on something. Thayne tried to give him the talk about saving but Jaed didn't want anything to do with that. So, we went to the store and showed him exactly what toy he could buy for a dollar and he wasn't satisfied at all. Thayne kept saying to him, "well, Jaed, you can buy other stuff if you save your money.", but Jaed either ignored Thayne or just responded with a "no". Finally after about 10 minutes in the toy isle he picked a hot wheel car that he could buy but you could tell he wasn't happy with it. Thayne tried one last time to talk to him about saving and even told Jaed that he would give him interest (and then had to take another 10 minutes to explain what interest was to Jaed) if he would save his money. At first, Jaed said no and we walked away from all the toys. Then Jaed stopped, looked at the car for a few seconds, put it down on a shelf, and said "Ok, I'll save and get interest." I'm still not sure if Jaed understood what "interest" meant other than he got more money but Thayne was thrilled. Thayne and I talked about doing a job chart that had little jobs that Jaed could do to earn money around the house and now Jaed constantly askes me to give him a "special job" so he can earn some pennies (every coin is callled a penny to Jaed, even after SEVERAL explanations). As of now, Jaed has about $2.50 saved. We know that because we count it about 10 times a day, upon Jaed's request.
1 comment:
Wouldn't we all like to be living in Jaed's financial world, a few pennies in our pockets, $2.50 in our bank and living off the interest.
Post a Comment