At church yesterday, Josie was put in a new class because of the new year. She graduated from nursery and now is with the older kids at some part of the time. She was extremely hesitant and even cried but Jaed was so good to her. He showed her where she would sit and where he would sit. He tried to tell her all that would happen but I'm not sure if Josie was really paying attention to that part. Her teacher happens to be a friend of mine and when I told Josie that she seemed to calm down a little. All the kids get together at first to sing songs and have an activity, then they go with their teacher and other kids their own age for a lesson, and at then end they all get back together to sing a song and pray. Well Thayne and I are teachers for the 7 year olds so we're in the room with Jaed and Josie when we sing songs and when it was time for the us all to get back together for the last song and prayer we were waiting for Josie's class to come. The door opened, and in pops Josie with her hands in the air and says (quite loud), "WE BACK!!". All the teachers chuckled as she marched right to her seat after she made that announcement. Josie's teacher said she did really well which was great! It was nice to see Jaed try and take care of her and make her feel better about her new environment.
Jaed had a playdate today with a little boy his age. Him and his mom (a friend of mine) came over and Jaed was so excited. The problem was that the little boy had no idea what Star Wars was and had no interest in playing with swords. As a matter of fact, the boy was more interested in playing with the girls then he was with Jaed. Jaed came over to many several times and said, "Mom, he's not playing with me.". I finally told Jaed that he needed to find out what his friend wanted to play and then play that with him. So here was the conversation that happened when Jaed went over to the boy:
"So what do like to play at home?"
"Toys"
"What kind of toys?"
"Cars"
"I have cars, do you want to play with them?"
"No, I want to cook with your sisters."
"Oh, well they're girls!"
"Yeah"
"Well we're boys."
"I play with my sister sometimes."
"Oh, me too."
Jaed picked up some fake food and started playing "house" along with his friend and the girls. It didn't last long before Jaed came over to me and said, "Do you think Dad will play with me if I go ask him?"
Poor Jaed. He just wants a friend that loves the toys he loves and nothing else. His dad might be his only option :). Jaed calls Thayne his "Best Bud" and has started to use it to his advantage. For example, we went to the store and Thayne said that he would just run in and get what we needed while me and the kids waited in the car. Jaed spoke right up and said, "But Dad, I thought we were best buds.", and Thayne reassured him that they were which Jaed responded, "Well then we have to do everything together so I need to come in the store with you.". It's so funny to see how their little minds work and how early they learn manipulation :).
1 comment:
Today is one of those days I would just love to be an at home mom,you do have a way of taking me back to those days of yester year!
Love those babies and they are growing to fast without me seeing them everyday.
Post a Comment