Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Drama QUEEN!

I have been called a drama queen by my parents, siblings and even Thayne but I don't think I even come close to our little Queen Indi. Thayne said that the day she was born she started her reign as Queen Indi. Today was her day to perform, I think. Everything she did was to the extreme. She started out trying about 5 princess dresses on to find the best one for her debut. With every one she tried on it was a screech that she didn't like it and wanted it off. If I protested the screech got louder and the stomping of the feet started. So I just gave in and helped her take it off and put another one on. The final one was the least prettiest but that was the one she wanted. She then put her princess shoes on with several necklaces, rings and crown. She twirled with her eyes closed, lips pursed, and arms in the air. The more I complimented her the more elegant she tried to be. It was if she was a true Queen. I wanted to laugh so hard. She played the part so perfectly. Even when she fell from dizziness she rest on her bed sitting up perfectly and and her hands folded in her lap. Once she was rested the act started again. Josie participated a little but got bored with the scene really fast and went off to play with her ponies. Indi kept the facade up for quit a while as she followed me around the house. I'm sure she followed me around to keep the compliments coming. If I hadn't said anything in a few minutes she would say, "MOM WOOOOOOK!". She finally gave it a rest when spongebob was turned on. I guess it was intermission :)>!
Along with the pretty side of being a queen comes the not so pretty side. She can screech, yell and order others around just like a queen does. She even told me several times this morning, "Mom don't touch dis.....". Half the time I didn't even know what I wasn't suppose to touch. I heard her yell "YOU NAUGHTY, JOSIE!" a number of times as well. If she didn't get her way in something the fit started and it was well acted out. She covers her face with her hands, drops to her knees and cries LOUD! This scene can continue on as long as her dancing scene if I would allow it. I normally give her a choice to either go to her room or stop the crying. After several minutes of repeating her choice she finally stops the crying, sticks out the bottom lip and hangs her head.
I wonder if there is drama class for two year olds? We could be rich!

No comments: