Well christmas is over and we survived with nothing to report but good stuff. I got to see my mom which was great and we spent christmas eve and christmas day with Thayne's parents which the kids loved. They loved all their gifts that santa brought and were completely satisfied. When Josie got done opening her presents she looked at me and said, "Mom, Santa is a good boy!". How funny is that. Although she wasn't very happy that Santa ate her cookie she decorated and left out for him. I guess she didn't quite understand the concept of leaving a cookie for Santa to say "thanks for the presents". She wanted to eat that cookie herself but as soon as she saw the gifts she seemed to forget all about the cookie.
I think the best part about the whole present ordeal is when the kids run over to both Thayne and me and say, "Look what Santa gave me!" and then we act completely shocked and excited for them. When all the presents were touched and opened the kids didn't even know where to start to play. Thayne's mom tried to get them to eat breakfast but they couldn't be bothered with it.
Jaed was in heaven with his star wars guys and ships. I think I told him about 50 times to quit spitting on me. He would fly his ship around and make shooting noises with spit just shooting out of his mouth. I would tell him to quit spitting on me and that his dad really wanted to see his ship so off he went to spit on Thayne. Thayne never said one word to Jaed about the spitting so I don't know if he didn't notice or if he just chalked it up as a boy thing and let it go.
Josie loved her "My little ponies". She had them lined up and was giving them orders to be nice to one another when they played together (which tells me that she hears me when I tell her same thing but she just chooses to ignore it). She played along time with her ponies while she was dressed up in her princess dress that Santa gave her with a crown, necklaces, play shoes and barbie sunglasses. Jaed tried to get near her ponies with his star wars guys and Josie would screech and say, "Don't shoot them!". Of course, that just made it a game to Jaed. We had to tell him to stay away from her ponies multiple times.
Indi was the queen of the day. She carried around her princess barbies while she was also dressed up in her dress, crown, etc.. You could tell that she felt like the prettiest girl ever. Her barbies danced, kissed, and slept over and over. She never got tired of reenacting the same scenerio. She wasn't as bossy with her princesses as Josie was with her ponies, though. Sometimes she would set her barbies down on a chair and just start twirling around the room like dancing princess herself. Then when she was done she would do one of her famous bows right at where the barbies were all stacked on the chair.
I think the best part of watching them play was when Josie and Indi decided to play barbies and ponies together and Jaed wanted to join. So, Josie gave him a barbie and Jaed was not even a tad bit embarassed to play like the girls. He was saying stuff like; "Will you marry me, honey?"; "My dress is prettier than yours!"; "Let's dance around the room.". I thought Thayne might interupt and try to get Jaed to play his star wars but Thayne just sat still and smiled. It was a great day of much entertainment!
(Our camera stopped working so Thayne's dad took pictures and we're waiting for him to email them to us so I can put them up on the blog. Also, I bought all the barbies and ponies off of Ebay for a great deal. They were used but in great condition and my girls could have cared less!)
No comments:
Post a Comment