Friday, January 05, 2007

House of Sickness!

We have been the house of sickness since we returned from Christmas. With colds, ear infections, stomach flu, and bronchitis. The only one not affected by any of the bugs was Thayne. Somehow he has dodged every virus in our house so far. He's been the best Mr. Mom since I've been sick without complaints. I even had to go the hospital because dehydration and then the next day I returned because I had one of my heart episodes and Thayne was a trooper the entire time. He has truly been a lifesaver while he's been home between semesters. I can't believe that he has to start school next week.

Jaed and Josie are counting down the days until they return to school (me too :> ). I do have to say that it will be nice get back into a routine again. Josie will only be returning to her speech preschool this next semester. The co-op preschool we were participating in with four other mothers has started to dwindle. One mom needed to back out a couple of months ago and then one other mom felt like she needed to do something different so I just decided to back out as well. I didn't want to commit to more teaching time than I already had.

I am really trying to simplify my life before this new baby comes so that I don't feel so overwhelmed with everything I've committed to plus the stress of a new baby. I've resigned from a leadership position I was holding in my MOMS Club and haven't volunteered to host any events (which has been very hard!). I hope all this simplifying pays off and I don't regret it.

1 comment:

My Many Coloured Days said...

Oh Ally! I've been wondering when you guys were getting back! I'm so sorry you've all been so sick. Take care and know that I'm sending you get well wishes!