“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Blame Game
The blame game has started in our house and everyone is participating. Someone threw toilet paper ALL over one of our bathrooms and I wanted to know who it was. So I made them all come in the bathroom with me and I asked who did it. Without a pause, Jaed pointed at Josie and said she did it, Josie pointed at Indi and said she did it and little Indi pointed back at Josie and said she did it. And then there was screaming and crying as they were trying to talk over one another and make sure I heard who they thought it was. Poor Josie was being pointed at twice and it really upset her. She finally fell to the floor in frustration and confusion, not knowing what to do. I was pretty sure Indi did it. I knew it was something Indi had done before. I also knew that if Josie did it, the toilet paper would have been soaked in water first, then thrown around. And I was hoping that it was toooo childish for Jaed to do. So, I asked Jaed and Josie to leave and I had a little talk with Indi. I had to ask her three times if she did it and finally she said yes, BUT....she kept saying Josie helped her. We talked about what toilet paper was for and not for and then she helped me clean it up and we left the bathroom. I made sure that Jaed knew that I was dissappointed in him that he would blame Josie for doing it when he really didn't know and all he could say was, "Mom, Josie does naughty stuff like that!". I had to remind him that when he was just a little younger than Josie he was caught in the bathroom flinging poop everywhere (thanks to his cousin for not flushing!). You should have seen his nose curl up and his eyes get big. He obviously didn't remember that event as much as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment