Thursday, January 25, 2007

Conversations about the baby....

Here are a few conversations I have had with the kids about the new baby:

Jaed: "Mom, what if the baby is a boy?"
Me: "Well we'll be happy if it's a boy or girl."
Jaed: "Well, I hope it's a boy cuz if we have another girl, daddy and me will get our bums kicked."
Me: "What? What do you mean?"
Jaed: "Well there will be 4 girls and just me and dad. We need some help so I hope the baby is a boy!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Josie: "Mommy, when the baby pops out can I hold and hold and hold her?"
Me: "Sure you can hold her but you have to be gentle!"
Josie: "Ok Mommy, I"ll pet her with one finger like I do Whiskers (gerbal at school)."
Me: "That would be so nice!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Me (holding Indi like a baby): "Indi, I love you. You're my little baby!"
Indi: "NO I not! Da baby is in your tummy (as she smacks my stomach). I'm a big girl, not a baby!"
Me: "You'll always be my baby Indi."
Indi: "NO I NOT, I a big girl!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Me: "Thayne, when the baby comes we can't even leave her alone in the room for a minute. Promise me that if I"m not home or you're in charge of the baby that you'll take the baby EVERYWHERE you go."
Thayne (barely paying attention): "Yeah, sure."
Me: "I mean it Thayne. We can't trust the kids to leave her alone if we're not in the room. So even if you have to go to the bathroom you either take the baby or make the other three go with you."
Thayne (rolls his eyes): "We all four can't fit in the bathroom and if I take the baby how am I suppose to get done what needs to get done? C'mon Ally, I think we can think of a better solution. How about putting Jaed in charge while we use the bathroom. He likes to boss his sisters around and if they start to get close to the baby he can yell for us or something."
Me (extremely sarcastic): "Yeah, let's even let him stand guard with his light saber and shield!"
Thayne (completely serious): "Sounds good to me."

1 comment:

My Many Coloured Days said...

I am rolling on the floor laughing! The conversation with Thayne is the BEST!!! You'll have to let me know who's plan pans out!