Friday, September 01, 2006

Uneventful!

Well, this week has been quite uneventful....HOORRAAYYY! I've been able to keep my dishes done, my floor swept, and my living room picked up and vaccumed everyday. It's a miracle! It makes such a difference when I only have one child in the morning. I can't believe how much faster I am at cleaning and accomplishing other tasks. I'm even gettting some things done that, normally, I just don't have time for. I've been itching to get my stamps out and start making cards again. I miss the feeling of pride and excitement when I finish a card.

Thayne is loving school! He is enjoying every class and loves to look around the room and know a lot of the students. It makes such a difference when you're not the new kid on the block anymore. It's nice to see him come home with a smile on his face instead of a look of pain and fear. Yesterday he came home to some hot homemade rolls and I thought he was going to yell with excitement. He hugged me really hard and said, "You really know how to take care of me!". It's amazing that homemade rolls can do that to a man. How simple is that? I almost felt guilty that I haven't baked them more often. Jaed said the prayer for dinner that night and even thanked Heavenly Father for me and what I cook. When the prayer was over, Thayne had tears in his eyes. At first, I thought it was because of my great dinner, but then I realized he was just proud of his son for thinking to say those things all on his own.

Jaed was doing so well in school this week, until yesterday. His teacher said he was throwing little fits about everything. I guess you can't ask for a perfect day, everyday. If he does good today, then that's 4 out of 5 days he was good. That's pretty darn good for Jaed. I'll be happy with that.

Josie got to go to my 4 month check-up with Thayne and I, while the other two kids went to a friends house. She was so excited and couldn't sit still at all. I thought it was a little odd for her to be so excited, but I just laughed and smiled at her. Well, the Dr. found the babies heart beat, said everything was fine, and said good-bye. When he left the room, Josie got all upset and said, "Where's the baby?". I realized that she thought the Dr. was going to take the baby out. On our way out, we tried to tell her that the baby wasn't ready to come out and that it still need to grow somemore, but she wasn't accepting that. She just kept saying, "Take it out Mom, PWEEZE!". I was so sad for her. It didn't even occur to me that she thought it was time for the baby to come. Thank goodness there was a couple with a brand new baby there and the man said, "You can come see our baby". So Josie got herself together and went right over there to see their baby. They let her rub his head and hold his hand which just thrilled Josie. She soon forgot that we were leaving the Dr.'s office without our own baby.

Indi is becoming quite the horder. She has a bag full of the Little People guys in it and won't share any of them. If Jaed or Josie even attempt to play with them, she just starts screaming and crying. Even if I tell her she has to share, she won't stop screaming and crying until they're done playing with them and she can have them in her bag again. I can tell that she doesn't understand the concept of sharing very well....so I'm confused on how to handle it. I can say to Jaed, "Jaed, do think you can give those guys back to Indi so she's not so upset?", and he'll give them back to her. BUT not Josie. She just runs to another spot and yells, "No, these are mine!". I feel like I lose with whatever I do. If I make Indi share she's out of control and won't stop screaming and crying even to the point she's gagging (it happened yesterday) and if I make the other two give the guys back to Indi, they're thinking that sharing isn't important. It's not like we only have a few of these guys. We have over 20 of them, so there are plenty to go around but not in Indi's mind. Hmmm.......hopefully this is a phase and I hope it ends soon.

No comments: