Well, well, well.......we went for the ultrasound today and the nurse took forever to get down to the parts we really wanted to see. Then when we got down to the real thing, the babies legs were crossed. So she went back up and showed us the heart, spine, fingers, brain, etc., and then she went down again. This time she saw what she wanted to see and announced, "I think you're having a girl!". Of course, I stop thinking when she said, "I think...". But the more she pointed things out the more she was determined that it was a girl. So, I guess it's official...we will be adding another girl to our family. I was actually relieved. I just think girls are so much easier for me to deal with, but I am basing that decision after only having one boy. I don't want people to think that I don't love Jaed as much or that he was a hard child, I just seem to relate better to girls and I understand them more, I think. I remember being a teenager and saying several times to others and myself, that I wanted to have all girls. I think it will be mostly true :). I am still kind of nervous that I"ll have the baby and the Dr. will say "It's a boy!", so I don't think I"ll go crazy on the clothes shopping.
When we told Jaed, he didn't seem to care a whole lot. He kept saying that he thought the baby was going to be a boy but when we told him it was a girl he said, "Oh" and that was it. I asked him if he was sad that it wasn't a boy but he said "No" so I think he's just excited that it's a baby! Josie gets bugged that we go to the Dr. and don't come home with a baby, she doesn't care what sex it is. And Indi can't even comprehend that I have a baby in my tummy, so the day that this baby is born will be an adventure of each one of them (and us, of course)! Thayne said that he's glad that we have Jaed and if we have only girls from now on he's fine with it. So it's going to be GIRL POWER in our house!
5 comments:
I'm excited another granddaughter to love, altho we haven't had a boy in the family for 4 1/2 yrs.
I always said I wanted all boys, but do I ever love my girls!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are a great mom to have another girl! Maybe it's whatever we have first that seems like the hardest... I would love to have all boys after Julia!!!
Congratulations Ally! I am excited for you guys, I don't know anyone who could handle all these things better than you. Even though you know I think you are a little crazy. Thanks for sending me your blog, I like keeping up on you guys, we miss you, but good luck with the baby and a new house.
Congratulations! on another lil princess. miss ya tonz and glad you are doing well there . take care and lonnie say's hi to thayne. misty
Very fun to have another girl! but my sister-in-law was a nurse, had 5 ultrasounds that all said girl and then she welcomed Jason into the world. You never know, so it's smart to hold out on the shopping spree! Congratulations Warner Family!
p.s.You know, some of us what a long time for a girl ;)
Post a Comment